OARC's resolver sharing project is a "matchmaking" service for and between OARC members. OARC members performing research may need to query a number of third-party resolvers distributed throughout the Internet. The OARC secretariat maintains a list of members that may be willing to allow external access to their resolvers on a case-by-case basis. Information acquired within the scope of the resolver sharing project is subject to confidentiality and other terms of the OARC Participation Agreement. Researchers wishing to query member resolvers should send a request to Admin. The request should be very specific and include at least the following information:
- The name of the person and OARC member organization wishing to query resolvers.
- The purpose of the study.
- The duration of the study.
- The source address from which queries would come.
- The nature of the queries (flags, features, rates, etc).
- Where, when, and how results from the study will be published or used.