- Information Sharing. DNS-OARC provides a trusted, shared platform to allow the DNS operations community to share information and data. Stringent confidentiality requirements and secure communications mean that proprietary information can be shared on a bilateral basis.
- Operational Characterization. As Internet traffic levels continue to grow, the demand on root and other key nameservers will outgrow the current infrastructure: this year's DDoS attack traffic levels will become next year's steady state load. DNS-OARC measures the performance and load of key nameservers and publish statistics on both traffic load and traffic type (including error types).
- Workshops. DNS-OARC organizes semi-annual workshops where members and the public are invited to give presentations on timely topics relevant to DNS both operations and research.
- Analysis. Leading researchers and developers provide long-term analysis of DNS performance and post-mortems of attacks so that institutional learning occurs. A well-provisioned system allows members to upload traces and logs, and to perform their own analysis.
- Tools and Services. As vulnerabilities and DNS problems come to light, DNS-OARC develops publicly available tools and services to assist with highlighting, diagnosing, and remedying such problems.
OARC 38 is planned as an online and in-person (Philadelphia, PA, USA) hybrid workshop on July 30th and 31st, 2022, after IETF 114 ends in the same venue. Registration (for both online and in-person) and accommodation booking is now open. [ Full blog post ]
Read about the DNS-over-TLS (DoT) + DNS-over-QUIC (DoQ) work on Check My DNS, new Go library for server side DoQ, changes to our projects and a summary of recent releases! [ go to blog post ]
Read my latest Development Update blog post about our recent software releases and other work at DNS-OARC! [ Full blog post ]
OARC 37 is planned as an online and in-person (Austin, TX, USA) hybrid workshop on February 17th, 2022, the say after NANOG 84 ends in the same venue. The Call for Presentations is now open. [ Full blog post ]
Read my latest development update about DNS-over-HTTPS support in dnsperf, DSC+Grafana Geomap, and more. [ Full blog post ]
During the 2021 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing four seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
The latest development update is about dnsjit modules, RPKI origin validation, the dnsperf DNS-over-HTTPS project and an upcoming DSC+Grafana crash course. [ Full blog post ]
The latest development update is about dnsperf, the dnsperf DNS-over-HTTPS project and Check my DNS. [ Full blog post ]