- Information Sharing. DNS-OARC provides a trusted, shared platform to allow the DNS operations community to share information and data. Stringent confidentiality requirements and secure communications mean that proprietary information can be shared on a bilateral basis.
- Operational Characterization. As Internet traffic levels continue to grow, the demand on root and other key nameservers will outgrow the current infrastructure: this year's DDoS attack traffic levels will become next year's steady state load. DNS-OARC measures the performance and load of key nameservers and publish statistics on both traffic load and traffic type (including error types).
- Workshops. DNS-OARC organizes semi-annual workshops where members and the public are invited to give presentations on timely topics relevant to DNS both operations and research.
- Analysis. Leading researchers and developers provide long-term analysis of DNS performance and post-mortems of attacks so that institutional learning occurs. A well-provisioned system allows members to upload traces and logs, and to perform their own analysis.
- Tools and Services. As vulnerabilities and DNS problems come to light, DNS-OARC develops publicly available tools and services to assist with highlighting, diagnosing, and remedying such problems.
Check out our latest development update which features new releases for dsc, dnscap and dnsperf, and updates to our Member Portal! [ Full blog post ]
Blog post by OARC's President:
During the 2019 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
Read about new dnsperf functionality and fixes, and the automation of package building in our latest development update. [ Full blog post ]
Update 27th Aug 2019: Check My DNS and dev.dns-oarc.net is back online, other services such as buildbot etc will be brought up tomorrow (28th Aug). If your still being redirected to this page you need to wait for DNS to propagate.
Our development server dev.dns-oarc.net will be down for maintenance starting Monday 26th August, expected downtime is around 4 days but might be extended. This downtime will affect Check My DNS also.