- Information Sharing. DNS-OARC provides a trusted, shared platform to allow the DNS operations community to share information and data. Stringent confidentiality requirements and secure communications mean that proprietary information can be shared on a bilateral basis.
- Operational Characterization. As Internet traffic levels continue to grow, the demand on root and other key nameservers will outgrow the current infrastructure: this year's DDoS attack traffic levels will become next year's steady state load. DNS-OARC measures the performance and load of key nameservers and publish statistics on both traffic load and traffic type (including error types).
- Workshops. DNS-OARC organizes semi-annual workshops where members and the public are invited to give presentations on timely topics relevant to DNS both operations and research.
- Analysis. Leading researchers and developers provide long-term analysis of DNS performance and post-mortems of attacks so that institutional learning occurs. A well-provisioned system allows members to upload traces and logs, and to perform their own analysis.
- Tools and Services. As vulnerabilities and DNS problems come to light, DNS-OARC develops publicly available tools and services to assist with highlighting, diagnosing, and remedying such problems.
During the 2020 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
OARC 33 is scheduled to take place online on September 28th (13:00 - 18:00 UTC) and 29th (13:00-15:00). Registrations and Call for Presentations are now open. [ Full blog post ]
2020 OARC AGM
The DNS-OARC 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held as a stand-alone online-only event on Tuesday 29th September at 16:00 UTC, the day after the online OARC33 workshop.
The second OARConline workshop will take place on August 11th (13:00 - 15:00 UTC). Registrations and Call for Presentations are now open. [ Full blog post ]
Check out our latest development update which features new releases for dsc, dnscap and dnsperf, and updates to our Member Portal! [ Full blog post ]
Blog post by OARC's President: