- Information Sharing. DNS-OARC provides a trusted, shared platform to allow the DNS operations community to share information and data. Stringent confidentiality requirements and secure communications mean that proprietary information can be shared on a bilateral basis.
- Operational Characterization. As Internet traffic levels continue to grow, the demand on root and other key nameservers will outgrow the current infrastructure: this year's DDoS attack traffic levels will become next year's steady state load. DNS-OARC measures the performance and load of key nameservers and publish statistics on both traffic load and traffic type (including error types).
- Workshops. DNS-OARC organizes semi-annual workshops where members and the public are invited to give presentations on timely topics relevant to DNS both operations and research.
- Analysis. Leading researchers and developers provide long-term analysis of DNS performance and post-mortems of attacks so that institutional learning occurs. A well-provisioned system allows members to upload traces and logs, and to perform their own analysis.
- Tools and Services. As vulnerabilities and DNS problems come to light, DNS-OARC develops publicly available tools and services to assist with highlighting, diagnosing, and remedying such problems.
The latest development update is about dnsperf, the dnsperf DNS-over-HTTPS project and Check my DNS. [ Full blog post ]
In this blogpost we outline OARC’s position regarding DNS-over-TLS, DNS-over-HTTPS and related technologies. [ Full blog post ]
OARC 34 is scheduled to take place online on February 4th (16:00 - 21:00 UTC) and 5th (16:00-18:00). Registrations and Call for Presentations are now open. [ Full blog post ]
Our latest development blog post, a guest post on APNIC's blog, is about how DNSTAP support in DSC can allow you to monitor all the DNS. [ Full blog post ]
Member, Participant and Community Chat Server - Mattermost
DNS OARC is pleased to announce that our new community chat server opened for access in November, 2020. It is augmenting the mailing lists we operate including dns-operations.
Here is our latest development update: medium.com/@dnsoarc/devel… Read about the recent finished project Soteria and new releases!
During the 2020 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
OARC 33 is scheduled to take place online on September 28th (13:00 - 18:00 UTC) and 29th (13:00-15:00). Registrations and Call for Presentations are now open. [ Full blog post ]