OARC currently has the following positions open to work on specific projects:
- Software Engineer
This is a 2-3 month project to complete implementation of the DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) Protocol in our existing open-source dnsperf testing tool. Total budget for this work is in the region of $25-30k.
- Network Administrator:
Cleaning up and documenting routing configurations. Total budget for this work is in the region of $3-5k.
We are also seeking to fill several non-technical part-time contractor positions on a long-term basis:
These roles could potentially be combined in a single person, but the Administrator at least needs to be local to our Indianapolis office.
OARC will also shortly be advertising long-term positions for additional Software and Systems Engineers.
Interested parties may submit a Resume/CV and any supporting documents by email to email@example.com.
Joining Our Team
Due to its small size and international constituency, DNS-OARC staff resources are provided by a flexible distributed team of independent contractors, rather than a set of pay-rolled employees. For someone with the right skills and style of working, you will find being part of our team flexible and rewarding.
Are you a person with potential to join the OARC team ? Here's key attributes we're ideally looking for in candidates (some of these are role-dependent, so we don't expect everyone to tick every single box):
- Has a strong commitment to OARC's public benefit mission of making the DNS and wider Internet work better for all.
- Someone who is proven, equipped, well-established, motivated, and comfortable working in a remote/WFH environment, not just as a pandemic expediency, but long-term.
- Is a self-starter, can work independently, and has the ability to propose and execute their own ideas and solutions.
- A team player, who is supportive of their colleagues and OARC's stakeholder community members.
- Proficient in using distributed working, cloud and open-source tools for getting the job done:
e.g. E-mail, Github/Gitlab, Zoom, Mattermost & Signal chat, Mailman,
Indico, SuiteCRM, QuickBooks, Etherpad, Drupal, MediaWiki;
various social media, and/or similar collaborative platforms.
- Is available, willing and enjoys travel to events and sites in the US and internationally several times per year.
- Has their own contracting company or similar vehicle, and is self-sufficient for matters of invoicing, tax, benefits, travel, expenses.
- May have multiple non-conflicting part-time engagements in parallel, coupled with good communication, time management and prioritization skills to ensure all clients' needs are met.
- Is known and has good networking within their professional communities, and is comfortable and fluent with being a public face of OARC at events and conferences.
- Is committed to transparency and accountability in their work, and to best practices for nonprofit membership organization governance.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a requirement, other languages welcome.
OARC believes firmly in diversity and inclusivity, and in taking a pro-active approach to improving this in our sector of the tech industry, both within our own team and our larger DNS community. OARC's existing team has a range of nationalities, cultures and genders, and we encourage and welcome applicants of all ages, ethnicity, orientations and beliefs. We are supportive of professional development for candidates with potential.