- Information Sharing. DNS-OARC provides a trusted, shared platform to allow the DNS operations community to share information and data. Stringent confidentiality requirements and secure communications mean that proprietary information can be shared on a bilateral basis.
- Operational Characterization. As Internet traffic levels continue to grow, the demand on root and other key nameservers will outgrow the current infrastructure: this year's DDoS attack traffic levels will become next year's steady state load. DNS-OARC measures the performance and load of key nameservers and publish statistics on both traffic load and traffic type (including error types).
- Workshops. DNS-OARC organizes semi-annual workshops where members and the public are invited to give presentations on timely topics relevant to DNS both operations and research.
- Analysis. Leading researchers and developers provide long-term analysis of DNS performance and post-mortems of attacks so that institutional learning occurs. A well-provisioned system allows members to upload traces and logs, and to perform their own analysis.
- Tools and Services. As vulnerabilities and DNS problems come to light, DNS-OARC develops publicly available tools and services to assist with highlighting, diagnosing, and remedying such problems.
During the 2018 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
2018 OARC AGM
The DNS-OARC 2018 Annual General Meeting will take place on the 14th October in the afternoon of the OARC29 Workshop, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
DNS-OARC Conduct Policy
DNS-OARC's member community and workshops exist as an open environment which encourages information sharing and learning, to build an inclusive and welcoming community between the professionals who enable, operate and study the Internet's Domain Name System.
By participating in OARC activities, whether online, or in person at an OARC workshop, you are confirming your commitment to follow these principles.
Here are some DNS-OARC development highlights for the past months. These updates are usually sent out on a bi-monthly basis but this one has been delayed a bit due to work surrounding OARC27 and holiday. [ Read More ]
During the 2017 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis: