During the 2016 OARC Annual General Meeting OARC Members will be electing three seats on the OARC Board of Directors. The seats becoming available are doing so on the following basis:
- DNS generally uses the connectionless User Datagram Protocol (UDP) as its transport.
- Many autonomous systems allow source-spoofed packets to enter their network.
- There is no shortage of Open Resolvers on the Internet.
Please be advised that DNS-OARC will be relocating its equipment and services to a new facility during next week starting this Saturday, May 14th through Wednesday the 18th. There will be multiple sporadic outages during this time affecting ALL services and ALL systems as a result.
ICANN's Root Server System Advisory Committee has recently defined two standards, including RSSAC 002 , designed to obtain a baseline of the metrics for the Root Zone, specifically so that root operators can detect and mitigate any abnormalities in the performance of the DNS Root Server System as it continues to grow and develop.
- George Michaelson (APNIC)
- Ondrej Filip (CZ.NIC)
- John Crain (ICANN)
- Don Blumenthal (PIR)
- Existing Board member Antoin Verschuren's (SIDN) two-year term has ended. Antoin will not be standing for re-election.
- Existing Board member Ondrej Filip's (CZ.NIC) two-year term has ended. Ondrej will be standing for re-election.
- Existing Board member John Crain's two-year term has ended.